We received some amazing feedback on our three clip episode (episode 10 – listen to it if you haven’t already) and we’ll look to incorporate more multi-clip episodes in the future!
In the meantime, we dive deep into a clip from Cal Fussman’s Big Questions podcast where he talks to Seth Godin. Seth Godin is the author of 18 books, founder of Yoyodyne and Squidoo and is a legendary marketer (in fact, he is in the marketing hall of fame because he is so amazing). In this episode, we discuss:
- Why Wang listens to so many podcasts and how Shawn finds new podcasts to listen to for The Remix
- Shawn and Wang tell the backstory of “The Dip”, their previous podcast, and how it relates to Seth Godin, resulting in Wang e-mailing Seth directly
- We hear Seth’s thoughts on the evolution of scarcity through analogies in paper and books, and vinyl and music, and how it applies to podcasts and media today
- Shawn shares his attention philosophy and what it means for future entrepreneurs / content creators
- Wang notes that Shawn’s idea is very similar to one of Seth’s books – find out which one and the key takeaways from the book
- Shawn and Wang share their thoughts on what the ideal audience member looks like for The Remix with Shawn and Wang
- Information is available everywhere and talent is available everywhere, but what does this mean for consulting firms? Wang shares his thoughts on what the role of consultants will be in the future
- Shawn shares a billion dollar idea related to podcasts and audio
- Wang shares not quite a billion dollar idea but a thousand dollar idea related to podcasts
Need a business idea? Want to hear more insights from the brilliant mind of Shawn and the okay mind of Wang? Have follow-up questions? Tweet us on Twitter and let us know your thoughts.
Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher or your favourite podcast player and rate and review us on iTunes! Your ratings and reviews help us improve the podcast and help us get new listeners.
@shawnkanungo and @wangyip