One of my favourite quotes is from Gretchen Rubin: “what you do every day matters more than what you do once in a while”. It’s a quote that I think about a lot because to me, it means that what you do on a regular basis (brushing your teeth, being grateful, meditating, exercising) has a bigger impact than what you do once in a while (e.g., going to the doctor, attending a conference).
This is why I was so interested in hearing about Barbara’s secret to productivity. Barbara Corcoran was recently on Daymond John’s new podcast called “Rise and Grind” where she shared her story about how she got to where she is today. Barbara is a speaker, consultant, entrepreneur, author, TV personality and she is best known as one of the Sharks on Shark Tank (similar to Daymond). In this episode of the Remix Podcast, Shawn and I talk about:
- Who is the brain and the brawn on The Remix?
- Why is Wang listening to Rise and Grind? What is he taking away from the podcast?
- Find out Wang’s and Shawn’s favourite Sharks and we discuss whether the Sharks’ personalities are real personalities or ‘TV’ personalities
- We hear a clip from Barbara about creating lists every 3 – 4 months and what she puts on the list and what she does with the list after
- Shawn has been doing this for years – find out exactly what he did and what he has learned about the world
- Shawn’s thoughts on how to do things without resources like money
- How do you figure out what you should be doing and what you should let others do – Shawn shares an anecdote from his consulting days
- The importance of having the right mindset at different salary levels
- We debate between hiring generalists and specialists and we argue about what are the skills that everyone should have these days no matter what job you have
“Double down on the things that you’re good at. Screw everything else. Get somebody else to do it. Outsource / crowdsource automate things as much as possible…. the most important thing on the planet is your time…YOLO”
You know what to do! Hit us up on Twitter! Rate and review us on iTunes – we are going to start featuring ratings and reviews at the end of our episodes.
@shawnkanungo and @wangyip