Seth Godin is one of the few people that I (Wang) would call a genius. He publishes every day on his blog (http://sethgodin.typepad.com/) and if you visit his website, it’s a picture of Seth with a single word next to it “Go”. He recently created a new podcast called “Akimbo” which is an ancient word meaning bend in the river or bend in a bow and I think it’s an awesome word that describes the force that makes things happen, which Seth is.
In this episode of the Remix Podcast, we pontificate on:
- The different names that Wang has been called and how his parents came to that name
- Wang’s nickname “Mr Jobs” and the story of how he got the nickname
- Seth Godin tells a poetic story weaving in Google, Dropbox, Momofuku and more – and we share our key takeaways from listening to this clip
- How to market in this day and age, especially given that our attention is limited and being chased by more and more companies these days
- Wang shares a story about soy milk and how it came to be so popular
- The Remix Podcast and how it is getting better and better every day (better content, better stories, better hosts)
- Wang shares the secret to Momofuku’s success
We would love to meet some of our most devout fans and listeners! Let us know what you think about The Remix Podcast and the podcasts that we share. Do you have other podcasts that you think would be worth remixing?
@shawnkanungo and @wangyip